Last Updated on November 26, 2020
Ontario briefly open its Employer Job Offer: International Student stream on Thursday, November 26, before it was closed again due to a technical issue.
“The Employer Job Offer: International Student stream opening has been paused due to technical issues and will not reopen today,” an Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program statement said.
The popular stream was opened earlier in the day to applicants with a ‘current job offer and up-to-date employer form’.
The stream last opened on August 19, 2020, when the registration limit of 1,250 was received.
The Ontario Employer Job Offer category is aimed at candidates who have a job offer from an Ontario employer.
For the International Student Stream, candidates are required to have graduated from a publicly-funded Canadian college or university.
Ontario Receives 1,250 Registrations for Employer Job Offer: International Student stream
Calling International Students: Popular Ontario Employer Job Offer Stream To Open Wednesday
International Student Stuck in Express Entry Pool? Consider Canada’s Start-Up Visa
Employer Job Offer: International Student Stream
To qualify under this stream, applicants must have:
A permanent and full-time job offer under NOC 0, A or B that meets low wage levels for Ontario, and in a position that is necessary to the business;
- For those already working in the position, the proposed wage must be equal or greater than the current wage being paid
- Graduated or met requirements of a full-time minimum two-year degree from a publicly-funded Canadian college or university; OR
- Graduated or met requirements of a full-time minimum one-year post-graduate diploma program from a publicly-funded Canadian college or university.
- Completed at least half the studies in Canada;
- Apply within two years from the date you completed the above course
- Legal status in Ontario
- Intention to settle in Ontario.