Last Updated on February 2, 2021
Ontario immigration is targeting 10 occupations in its first draw of 2021 through the Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream.
The February 2 Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) draw was announced on Tuesday morning, with more details expected later in the day. Check back here for updates.
The draw targeted 10 National Occupational Classification (NOC) codes include jobs in finance, advertising, sales, human resources and healthcare.
Express Entry Human Capital Priorities: Targeted Occupations For Latest Draw
- 0122 – Banking, credit and other investment managers
- 0124 – Advertising, marketing and public relations managers
- 0125 – Other business services managers
- 0601 – Corporate sales managers
- 1111 – Financial auditors and accountants
- 1112 – Financial and investment analysts
- 1121 – Human resources professionals
- 1122 – Professional occupations in business management consulting
- 3012 – Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses
- 4163 – Business development officers and marketing researchers and consultants
Ontario Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities Stream
The OINP issues periodic Notifications of Interest (NOI) throughout the year.
This stream is designed for skilled workers who wish to live and work in Ontario, and who have proven skills and abilities to successfully establish themselves in the province.
To qualify under this stream, applicants must have:
- Ongoing profile under the Federal Express Entry system and be qualified for either the FSWP or the CEC.
- Hold minimum of 1-year of full time, or full-time equivalent work experience under NOC occupation level 0, A or B, in the past five years if applying under the FSWP or in the past three years if applying under CEC.
- Hold the equivalent of a Canadian Bachelors degree or higher.
- Show language proficiency of minimum CLB/NCLC level 7 in English or in French.
- Intention to reside in the province of Ontario.
- Residing with legal status in Canada, if applicable.
- Proof of required settlement funds.
- Minimum Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System score as determined by director under periodic draws.
Ontario will select eligible applicants from the Express Entry Pool. Candidates must:
- Meet the eligibility criteria for the HCP stream AND
- Meet the minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score.
The application for nomination must be submitted within 45 calendar days from the NOI. An application fee of $1,500 is due at this time.
If the application is approved, the candidate will receive a nomination certificate and 600 points under their Express Entry profile.