The mammoth draw, the largest since invitations began being issued through the Masters Graduate stream, was conducted on September 20, 2022.
Candidates required a score of 33 or above, and needed to have submitted their profile within the last 12 months.
The previous largest draw saw 680 ITAs issued on August 30, 2022.
Full requirements for all the mentioned streams are included further down this article.
Masters Graduate Stream Expression of Interest Draw
|Date issued||Number of invitations issued||Date profiles created||Score range||Notes|
|September 20, 2022||823||September 20, 2021 – September 20, 2022||33 and above||General draw|
Ontario Expression of Interest Ranking System
Points are awarded based on the following attributes:
- Level and field of education and where they completed their studies.
- Proficiency in English or French.
- Intention to settle outside of the Greater Toronto Area.
- Skill and work experience level, earnings history, other factors relevant to prospects in Ontario job market.
- Labour market needs in the province or region of the province.
Masters Graduate Stream
This stream offers an opportunity to obtain permanent residence to international students who obtained a masters degree in Ontario without requiring a job offer.
To be eligible to apply, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Graduated from a Master’s degree program from an eligible institution in Ontario, that was at least one-year full-time.
- Obtained minimum language CLB/NCLC level 7 or above in English or in French.
- Resided legally in Ontario for at least one year in the last two.
- Have sufficient settlement funds.
- Intend to live and work in Ontario.
- Must have legal status in Ontario or abroad.
- Applications from elsewhere in Canada will not be accepted.
- Application must be submitted within two years of completing the requirements to graduate with the master’s degree.