We are recruiting long haul (HGV) drivers for a major employer in Canada. If you have a valid Class 1 license equivalent in your country, please submit your CV here.
The Canadian trucking industry is facing a manpower shortage of long-haul drivers that is expected to reach 48,000 by 2024. Current government policies allow employers to recruit and retain qualified foreign workers looking for employment in Canada, in this occupation.
Canadian employers in this industry offer remunerative benefit packages which can exceed C$70,000.
To qualify, prospective applicants must meet the following basic requirements:
- You must be a minimum of 30+ years old, (max 55 years old).
- You must have good English or French language skills.
- You must attest to being drug free.
- You must have a clean police record during the past 5 years (excluding speeding offences.
- Your driver’s licence must show an accident free record during the past 4 years (HGV & Automobile).
If you meet the above minimum requirements you must have experience carrying out the majority of the following duties:
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks, weighing over 4600 kg with three or more axles to transport goods and material to destinations
- Oversee all aspects of vehicles, such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading, and safety and security of cargo
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes and cold storage
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in log book or on on-board computer
- Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using citizens’ band (CB) radio, cellular telephone and on-board computer
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- May transport hazardous products or dangerous goods.
Line-haul and local truck drivers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate and drive straight trucks to transport goods and materials over urban and short inter-urban routes
- May drive lighter, special purpose trucks such as tow trucks, dump trucks, hydrovac trucks or cement mixing trucks
- Perform pre-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicles such as condition of equipment, and loading and unloading of cargo
Individuals who meet the above five (5) basic requirements and who perform the majority of the above job description may be eligible for our Fast Track Work Program as a Long Haul Truck Driver.
How to proceed forward with our assistance
- Complete the following questionnaire and we will further evaluate your qualifications.
- We will evaluate your qualifications and contact you within 1-2 business days to discuss the modalities of this program.
We look forward to assisting you in relocating to Canada soon!