Immigration to Canada as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic


Are you currently working and have experience as a Heavy-Duty Mechanic and also interested in immigrating to Canada? We have wonderful news for you! Canada considers Heavy-Duty Mechanics as highly-skilled workers which qualify individuals for many Canadian programs like Express Entry and Provincial Nominee Programs.

Job Description (NOC 7312 – Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics)

A heavy equipment mechanic has many responsibilities but their main job is to inspect trucks, cranes, bulldozers, and other heavy equipment for proper performance. They will then diagnose any faults and adjust that equipment and replace faulty parts. This job can be performed throughout Canada just as in any other country.

Salary Average: $70,036 CAD per year

Canada Heavy Duty Mechanic Requirements

To work in Canada as a Heavy Duty Mechanic there are several requirements in order to qualify for a work visa. First there are your employment requirements:

  • You are typically required to complete secondary school.
  • You are typically required to complete a 3-5 year apprentice program or cover 4 years of working in the trade in heavy equipment repair.
  • Depending on which province you are moving to you may be required to provide a certification from a regulatory authority before working. Your immigration professional or lawyer will be able to help you with this step.

Step-by-Step Immigration to Canada to Perform Heavy Duty Mechanics

  1. Hire an Immigration Lawyer – There are many documents and requirements for those looking to work and live in Canada, even more, if you are looking to practice mechanics. An immigration lawyer will help you organize these documents and requirements to find you the best path for Canadian immigration.
  2. Find out which province you want to reside – Depending on which province you want to move to will determine the requirements you must reach to practice heavy-duty mechanics in Canada.
  3. Obtain professional certification and license – Depending on which province you decide to live in it may be required to provide a certain certificate or license to start your job.

Visa Options for Foreign-Born Heavy Duty Mechanic Immigrating to Canada

Since heavy-duty mechanics are currently in high demand in Canada, there are many ways to immigrate to Canada as a mechanic. Here are some of the most popular ways you can do so:

Express Entry

Canada’s Express Entry Program is aimed toward skilled workers who wish to move to Canada. To be considered eligible for this program, your occupation will need to be grouped in skill level 0, A, or B. Heavy Duty Mechanics are eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada through the Federal Skilled Worker Program, managed by the Express Entry system.

Provincial Nominee Program

This program allows you to immigrate to Canada if you are a skilled or semi-skilled worker and have a valid job offer that is needed in a particular province or territory. Each province or territory has its own PNP with in-demand occupation lists intended to meet the individual needs of its labour market. This will require that you send an Expression of Interest to relocate to the relevant region.

Atlantic Immigration Pilot

The Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program is similar to the Provincial Nominee Program described above. It is aimed at skilled individuals who know which province they would like to settle in when they arrive in Canada and assuming that province is one of the four participating provinces in this immigration pilot.

This program was aimed to address the labour shortages in the four Atlantic provinces; Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador, New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island. All occupations in the medical healthcare fields are in high demand in Atlantic Canada. If you have a full time valid job offer in one of the four provinces listed above, you can apply for permanent residency at the same time as you apply for your Canadian work permit.

Are You Interested in Migrating to Canada as a Heavy Duty Mechanic?

Immigrating to Canada is not a completely straightforward process. The laws are somewhat complex, and for this reason, it helps to work with an immigration professional to help you.

If so, Contact VisaPlace today. All our cases are handled by competent and experienced immigration professionals who are affiliated with VisaPlace. These professionals consist of lawyers, licensed paralegals and consultants who work for Niren and Associates an award winning immigration firm that adheres to the highest standards of client service.

Ready for the next step? Book your 1 on 1 consultation now or call us at 1-888-317-5770.

Have a Question related to your Immigration Needs?

Fill out the FREE Immigration Assessment form and get a response within 24 hours to see if you’re eligible.

The assessment form should take approximately 5-7 minutes to complete. We will get back to you within one business day to let you know if we are able to help.

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Prepare to study in Canada
Study permit: Who can apply
Quebec Issues 1,210 Canada Immigration Invitations In New Expression Of Interest Draw
Canada Battling Large Backlog Of Permanent Resident Card Applications
Job Vacancies In Canada Fell In September
Canadian Businesses Optimistic About Economic Prospects Over Coming Year
Immigration To Ontario Causes Rise In Enrolment To Schools In North-East