British Columbia’s BC PNP Tech immigration stream has been expanded to include 35 jobs under the new National Occupational Classification.
Prior to the launch of NOC 2021 on November 16, the BC PNP Tech stream featured 29 targeted occupations.
It is one of Canada’s foremost categories for bringing in technology workers, beating both the federal government’s Global Talent Stream and Ontario’s Tech Draws on ease of operation for both employers and candidates.
A full list of the new targeted occupations, with NOC 2021 codes, is below.
British Columbia’s Tech Stream Stands Above Rest As Best Route To Canada For Technology Workers
British Columbia Makes Slew Of Changes In Comprehensive BC PNP Overhaul
How To Immigrate To The Canadian Province Of British Columbia
BC PNP Tech Targeted Occupations
- 10030 Telecommunication carriers managers
- 20012 Computer and information systems managers
- 21100 Physicists and astronomers
- 21210 Mathematicians, statisticians and actuaries
- 21211 Data scientists
- 21220 Cybersecurity specialists
- 21221 Business systems specialists
- 21222 Information systems specialists
- 21223 Database analysts and data administrators
- 21230 Computer systems developers and programmers
- 21231 Software engineers and designers
- 21232 Software developers and programmers
- 21233 Web designers
- 21234 Web developers and programmers
- 21300 Civil engineers
- 21301 Mechanical engineers
- 21310 Electrical and electronics engineers
- 21311 Computer engineers (except software engineers and designers)
- 21320 Chemical engineers
- 21399 Other professional engineers
- 22110 Biological technologists and technicians
- 22220 Computer network and web technicians
- 22221 User support technicians
- 22222 Information systems testing technicians
- 22310 Electrical and electronics engineering technologists and technicians
- 50011 Managers – publishing, motion pictures, broadcasting and performing arts
- 22312 Industrial instrument technicians and mechanics
- 51111 Authors and writers (except technical)
- 51112 Technical writers
- 51120 Producers, directors, choreographers and related occupations
- 52119 Other technical and coordinating occupations in motion pictures, broadcasting and the performing arts
- 52112 Broadcast technicians
- 52113 Audio and video recording technicians
- 52120 Graphic designers and illustrators
- 53111 Motion pictures, broadcasting, photography and performing arts assistants and operators
In 2021, 1,697 nominations were issued through BC PNP Tech, accounting for 27.3 percent of the skilled workers nominated by the province. This was slightly down on the previous year, possibly due to the impact of COVID-19 on the ability to bring in immigrants from abroad.
BC PNP Tech allows British Columbia immigration officials to expedite the processing of immigration candidates in key in-demand technology occupations.
Weekly invitations are issued to candidates in one of the identified occupations in the B.C. technology sector.
Technology employers get access to a concierge service that includes a guaranteed next business day assignment of applications in one of the outlined occupations.
BC PNP Tech prioritises technology sector applications for existing B.C. categories. This means candidates still need to meet the basic requirements of each British Columbia immigration category, including a minimum one-year job offer from a B.C. employer.
Categories include Skilled Workers, Health Care Professionals, International Graduates, International Post-Graduates and Entry-Level and Semi-Skilled Workers.
BC PNP Tech: Key Features
Dedicated concierge service
Tech employers have access to relevant immigration information.
Weekly invitations for tech candidates
Tech employers have timely access to qualified individuals in the 29 key tech occupations.
Dedicated BC PNP Tech Team and next business day assignment of tech applications in the 29 in-demand occupations.
Focused outreach and engagement
BC PNP sessions and events tailored for the tech sector, including one-on-one employer support.